Sunday, March 21, 2010

ALL that glitters is NOT gold


One of my favorite shows is Real Housewives of Atlanta. Well if you know anything about me, one thing I always say is that I need to marry rich due to my shopping addiction. But after reading some recent articles about the ladies from the show I am shocked to find out that most of these "fabulous" women and their spouses are actually really broke, and that their homes are being foreclosed due to missed payments. Now as much as I would love to marry rich, I would prefer to have an honest and humble lifestyle where I am financially secure and by all means not living beyond my means. I mean don't get me wrong having 6 cars in the garage, the newest LV bag whenever I want it seems appealing and all, but I don't want to have my car repossessed because I was trying to present an image to the rest of the world. All in all I think that when people are honest with themselves their credibility and how the carry themselves speaks louder then any bag, shoe, or car.

I have definitely had an eye opening experience reading this article and I know truly understand that the good ol' saying "all that glitters is not gold".

The article:

http://jezebel.com/5110249/4-out-of-5-real-housewives-of-atlanta-are-actually-broke


3 comments:

Miss S said...

Oh I totally agree. Living a lifestyle beyond your means for years, only to have it come crashing down around you at some later point is not my idea of fun! I prefer the occasional splurge and a roof over my head.

Amanda said...

I think it's interesting how so many people try to create this fake world so that they are preceived a certain way. I say be yourself, you'll be a lot happier in the end!

Alex.Jordan said...

I was watching the Real Housewives last night and a girl that had been served with eviction letters as you said went on an all out trip to San Fransisco. Like if you cant afford your rent then you cant afford an A -list vacation.

Just cuz your on TV doesnt mean your all that.