Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Dear Shopoholic


If I don't stop shopping, I'll end up a bag lady; a Fendi bag lady, but a bag lady..... 
-- Carrie from Sex and the City


Okay so I thought it would be a little fun to have some anonymous guest's write to me about their shopping woe's. So here goes it ...

Dear Ruby,

I am also a shopaholic. And i have a big confession!! I work for Leave the pack behind and today while at work in the main foyer of Niagara College, I noticed a gentleman at a perfume stand. Immediately my eyes drew to this interesting display and I inquired about what the stand was about. Well, to my surprise he was selling discount perfume at amazing prices. I mean this was an offer no girl can refuse, and it didn't help that this man was the most convincing sales man I've ever met (he could literally sell snow to a snow man). Now considering the fact that I was working I don't know how exactly I ended up spending money while making money, I purchased the most amazing perfume, Just Calvalli. So my question is.. how do I break this terrible habit when shopping is all around me, especially when I'm at work?

Dear hopeless shopohalic,

I unfortunately understand you, because quite frankly I am
YOU!!!!


You see everyone, this happened to me and it seems like shopping is attacking my life more than I can handle. I have come to the realization that I will only buy when necessary if I want to start saving for future plans. So with this shocking revelation I have now decided to cut all shopping as of March 10th. (I prolonged the date because I am going on vacation next week and vacation shopping is always the best) you can't blame me!



No comments: