Monday, February 8, 2010

Sale: Friend or foe?


A bargain is something you can't use at a price you can't resist.-- Franklin P. Jones

So as I sit here reflecting on some of my recent purchases, I think about the joy that fills my body everytime I purchase an item on sale. So here's the issue, as a self proclaimed shopaholic, are sale's my friend or a foe? 

In my mind I'm buying these items because their on sale ( meaning they are cheaper than their regular price)Right?!?! So then why am I always caught buying more than I really need?Then feeling a deep sense of buyers remorse?

Here's the thing I have more than 50 pairs of shoes, a jewelry collection even Beyonce would be jealous of, and clothes to last me for years to come, but it seems like when it comes to a sale I just cannot refuse. So where do I draw the line between buying what I need at the time I need it? Or buying items for sale and then utilizing them later! 


There is just no winning.


1 comment:

Brett said...

My views on sales is that there will always be another one tomorrow. You do not need to buy that item now because it will be on sale again. Only buy what you need. But I guess my mom buys my clothes so I don't really have an expertise.