Monday, February 8, 2010

Retail Therapy...can't live with it, can't live without it



There is nothing like ha
ving a bad day and making it all better with a good 'ol trip to the mall.
Sometimes I wonder why people seek counseling when the mall is essentially a cheap and "inexpensive" way to cure all of life's problems. For those who you misinformed shopaholics retail therapy is defined as shopping with the primary purpose of improving the buyer's mood or disposition according to the folks at Wikipedia. To me this is the best form of therapy because both parties benefit from the outcome . To the buyer they leave the mall feeling a deep sense of bliss, knowing they just left with some really good purchases. To the retailer knowing in my humble opinion they just made someone's day a little better, while making their wallet a little less emptier. So in a world full of self -indulgent shoppers, is their really room, better yet any need for real therapists?!?! I mean don't get me wrong all those hard earn papers in school must have been a pain, but who really needs counseling when the mall is available. You may think I'm crazy, but I'm just being honest. Some may say I have Oniomania, but that's not something a little shopping can't cure : )

I always say shopping is cheaper than a psychiatrist.-- Tammy Faye Bakker

I couldn't have said it any better my self!

No comments: